- 1 cup soy flour, defatted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup apple juice, frozen concentrate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites – 3 in one bowl, 3 slightly beaten
- 2 bananas – large and ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 apple- unpeeled, cored diced
- 1 cup raisins
Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Set aside. Mix apple juice, vanilla, 3 egg whites, banana, applesauce and honey in bowl on low speed until blended. Add dry ingredients and mix for a few seconds, just until moistened and no flour can be detected.
With a spatula, stir in the remaining egg whites, which have been lightly beaten. Then add the diced apple and raisins.
Put 19 paper cupcake liners in muffin tins and fill cups to within 1/3 inch of top. Bake at 350° F for 10-24 minutes or until you can touch lightly on top and an imprint does not remain. Yield: 19 servings.
Per muffin: 173 calories, 0.4 grams fat, 2.0% calories from fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium.