- 1 Tbs soybean/vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups soy burger-style crumbles
- 1 Tbs jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups instant minute rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 oz.) lite coconut milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) black or white soybeans, drained
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet.
- Add onion and soy crumbles; stir until onion is nearly done.
- Add jerk seasoning, garlic powder, salt, rice, water and coconut milk.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add beans and stir lightly until heated throughout.
Yield: 4 servings. Per serving: 397 calories, 10 g fat (4 g sat fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 1133 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 26 g protein (18 g soy protein), 10 g dietary fiber.