- 2 cans (15 oz.) black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime (about 1 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl. ·Make dressing with lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil; combine well.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss lightly to combine. Chill several hours before serving.
Yield: 10 servings. Per 3/4 cup serving: 120 calories, 3 g fat (0 g sat fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 8 g protein (6.25 g soy protein), 5 g dietary fiber.