- 1 teaspoon soybean oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry, to taste
- 4 cups water
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onions, sauté until soft. Add fresh ginger root, carrots and mushrooms. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Dissolve miso in 1/4 cup of the water and add it to the vegetables in the saucepan along with the remaining water and dry sherry. Reheat and serve. Serves 6
Per serving (1 cup): 32 calories, 4 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram protein, 1 grams fat, 1 grams dietary fiber, 236 mg sodium.