- 1 carton (15 or 16 ounces) low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (1 pound) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 package (12 ounces) sausage-style soy crumbles
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and egg whites. Mix well. On the bottom of a 15 x 9-inch greased lasagna pan, spread 1 cup of pasta sauce. Top with half each of the uncooked lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, soy crumbles, pasta sauce and mozzarella. Repeat layering with noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, soy crumbles, pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with parsley. Cover tightly. Bake one hour or until hot and bubbly. Let stand covered 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 12 servings. Serving size: 1 serving. Per serving: 471 calories, 14 g fat, 6 g sat fat, 32 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate, 990 mg sodium, 32 mg cholesterol.